2. A delete query was performed to remove records with the designation SO (samples only). This reduced the number of records by 141 from 4,683 to 4,542.
3. A delete query was performed to remove records with incomplete UTM records. This reduced the number of records by 237 from 4,542 to 4,305 records.
4. A new table showing the following fields, INDEX, the unique IGS identification number, and the checklist fields that make up the paper file inventory, ORIGINAL and COUNTY, were imported from the working database, GLDB.mdb. This table was combined with the columns from the table in step 3, resulting in a new table containing 4,305 records. This new table contained the new columns "original" and "county" from the working database, which were updated from a recent file inventory, and deleted the old fields original and county from the table in the previous step.
5. The table created in the previous step 4 was used to query out records that did not contain either an original or county paper file. This resulted in a new table containing 4,269 records by removing 36 records without paper gamma-logs.
6. A new table was imported from the working database GLDB.mdb containing the 2005 gamma-log data set with 51 records. The data from this table was appended to the table from the previous step 5 containing 4,269 records. This combined data set resulted in 4,320 records.
7. The newest table containing 4,320 records was imported into ESRI ArcView 3.X using SQL connect. The data table was displayed using the "Add Event Theme" command. This was converted into a point shapefile using the "Convert To Shapefile" command. Another shapefile, Indiana_statebdy_24k_igs_p.shp was also brought into the view. Indiana_statebdy_24k_igs_p.shp was selected using the select tool. The "Select By Theme" command was used to select the gamma-log points that intersected the theme Indiana_statebdy_24k_igs_p.shp. These highlighted points were converted into a new shapefile, UNCONSOLIDATED_GAMMA_LOGS_IGS_IN.shp.
8. Unconsolidated_gamma_logs_in.dbf file was copied, pasted and renamed in its directory to 4270_gl.dbf to import into the subset_gldb_redo.mdb database. It was imported into the database and used in the creation of the final data set with limited fields.
9. The table 4270_gl.dbf was queried for fields, "INDEX", "UTM_83X", "UTM_83Y" and the table, LOCATION, from the working database; GLDB.mdb, was queried for the field depth_logged. The depth_logged column was missing 66 values. These were obtained by examination of the paper records and updated in the working database. The identical query was rerun to combine the four final database fields that were used. This also caused another four records to be removed owing to their status changing from having a gamma-log, GL to a SO, samples only file. Two records were also removed becuase of the absence of paper gamma-logs. The final table created had 4,264 records.
10. The shapefile UNCONSOLIDATED_GAMMA_LOGS_IGS_IN.shp's table Unconsolidated_gamma_logs_in.dbf was renamed unconsolidated_gamma_logs_in1.dbf and was replaced with the tbl_fnl_4_col_4264 table exported as a .dbf file from Microsoft Access 2002.The exported table was renamed unconsolidated_gamma_logs_in.dbf. This resulted in a final shapefile UNCONSOLIDATED_GAMMA_LOGS_IGS_IN.shp with 4,264 records and four columns of data.